Hello DiGiTALZONE Community, ELiTE member, Crew and Staff!
Today I update all the tutorials about Hamachi and how to create lan servers and play over Hamachi all the HL and HL2 Engine based games.
This tutorial is going to be very simple but very useful for everyone who want to play private with his friend but don't want to start a complete server.
You don't need to worry about the errors that can come up. We'll fix them in the tutorial and if they don't go away we'll glad to help you in our forums.
Lets start:NOTICE: Read the whole topic and use your brain before reply with a problem!!!
1. Before we can start we need Hamachi. Click here
to get my recommended version or here
to get the newest version.
2. After you downloaded Hamachi install it somewhere on your computer (Be sure your an Administrator on your computer).
3. Start Hamachi (Register if requiert in the new version) and setup Hamachi (Username and all the other settings).
4. After you have setup Hamachi create a new network and call it however you want e.g: DZ-CSS and protect it with a password.
5. Now share the network informations with your friends (Give them the network name and password) and tell them to connect.
6. Now start the server your game (Be sure to set sv_lan 0 to prevent c class error so your friends can join without problems).
7. Now your friend has to open the LAN tab and search for your server (If it not appears give him or her your Hamachi IP with the port 27015).
8. After your friend found the server he should connection without problem (If he cannot join and get errors that are not solved here feel free to ask).
Thats all Volks.
There is not much stuff to do to play over Hamachi with your friends or other people.
Name: Garrys Mod #1
Description: This is the network of my friend and we play Counter Strike 1.6, Counter Strike Source and sometimes Garrys Mod.